Sharon's Question: My husband and I decided to bifurcate the divorce, so that we could end the marriage and finish up the property settlement later. No temporary support was established in the initial proceedings, and I have since had major surgery and have no income. He gives me $200 a month to help pay for the insurance, but that is about to lapse because I had to choose between feeding my children and paying the premium. Both attorneys are dragging their feet. How can I get my attorney to get me some immediate support until everything is settled?

Brette's Answer: Call your attorney and say you have an emergency and need a call back within 24 hours. Explain that you need temporary financial relief NOW and cannot wait. You can get temporary child support and spousal support immediately. It may be that your attorney does not understand the financial situation you are in right now. Make him aware and stress the urgency of this matter.

※ Topic: Temporary Support before Filing
Kelley's Question: My husband left me for another woman, and now lives with her in a one bed apartment. I have had to rent a new home while still paying half the mortgage on our house, pay all of my children's expenses, and meet my living expenses. We share custody equal time, but I am finding hard to make ends meet all on my own. What can I do?

Brette's Answer: You can go to court and get temporary child support and spousal support. These are available to you even if you haven't filed for divorce, or don't plan to. Your state family court handles these issues and no attorney is required. See an attorney if you can afford to.
다른 글 열람하기
Can I Get A Legal Separation In Texas? 07-17
Informal Separations 07-17
Separating Financial Affairs While Still Married 07-16
Preparing For A Divorce & Get all Your paperwork Together 07-16
Understand Your Financial Situation 07-16
Become Financially Solvent 07-15
Make Sure You Can Provide For Yourself 07-08
Seek Legal Advice & Make Sure That Taxes Are Up To Date 07-04
Consider Insurance Coverage 07-02
Pendente Lite Relief or Temporary Support 07-01
Isn't he required to provide for us until the divorce is over? 06-29
Topic: Making Ends Meet until the Divorce is Finalized 06-26
Topic: Filing for temporary support without a lawyer 06-22
Can I file for emergency support if there's a DV order in place? 06-21
Topic: Can I stop him from transferring property? 06-20
Topic: Joint Accounts Pending Divorce 06-19
What if he didn't pay the mortgage payments like he was ordered to? 06-18
Temporary Child Custody 06-17
Preventing Parental Kidnapping 06-17
What if he kicked me out and wouldn't let me take my son? 06-16
How do I file for custody if I haven't filed for a divorce yet? 06-15
Who is usually granted temporary custody? 06-14
Can I get temporary custody without him knowing about it? 06-09
What is the process to get temporary child custody? 06-13
Can temporary custody be changed if he becomes homeless? 06-12
Do temporary custody orders and parenting plans expire? 06-12
What if he lied to get temporary custody? 06-10
Topic: Interference with Custody and Visitation 06-10
How can he claim that he has temporary child custody? 06-09
When does he have to return her after I get temporary custody? 06-09